Fig tree blight or fungus; Wisteria growing through yard - Knowledgebase Question

Oakmont, Pe
Question by lapson3
My very small fig tree has developed blight or a fungus. Its leaves are turning brown and there are holes in them. What can I do, if anything, to save it? Also, my neighbor's wisteria is vining through our yard in an attmept to reach water in a storm drain in that direction. How can I get this wisteria to stop growing through the middle of my yard? Help!

0

You can try using a copper fungicide on your fig tree but if it is fully involved the the disease, it may not help. Microcop is one example of a copper fungicide.

You can try severing the wisteria roots right at the fence or perimeter of your yard. Just dig down with your shovel to cut off the roots that are creeping onto your property.
Good luck with your project!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Mixed Coleus"