Watering Tupsey Turvey planters - Knowledgebase Question

darien, Il
Question by abthin
I have 3 wpsidedown planters, in which I have tom., strbrries & cucmbrs.
I found that by leaving the water to a drip and leaving the hose in the planter for 15 min does an ok job.
However, these plants look very sickly and tomatoes that have come up are dry, which means the plant is not getting enough water.
what is the best way to water them?

0

I would think your drip systems should work perfectly so I?m not sure what might be going on with your plants. Could it be that the upside-down containers are not draining as well as they should and are keeping the soil too moist for extended periods of time? You might experiment with shorter periods of watering ? say 10 minutes instead of 15. Or watering every 2-3 days instead of daily. I think I?d try feeding, too. Use a half strength dilution of a water soluable fertilizer and feed every 2-3 weeks. Hope this does the trick!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Geranium maderense"