birds eating my tomatoes - Knowledgebase Question

Duncan, So
Question by icemagicsc
How can I keep the birds from eating my red tomatoes. I have netting around the plants and the birds are still finding ways to get them. I've tried adding a bird bath etc. please help!

0

Hungry birds will find food in lots of places, even if there?s nothing around that might especially attract them. They obviously love tomatoes! About the only solution is to erect a teepee out of stakes and drape birdnetting over the stakes to make a barrier between the ripening fruits and the birds. I use 3 stakes, equally spaced around the outside of the plant and then secure the tops of the stakes so it makes a teepee shape. Drape birdnetting over the stakes and secure the opening with clothespins. This gives you easy access to the plants but keeps the birds out. Hope you have a great harvest.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "African Violet"