birds eating my tomatoes - Knowledgebase Question

Duncan, So
Avatar for icemagicsc
Question by icemagicsc
How can I keep the birds from eating my red tomatoes. I have netting around the plants and the birds are still finding ways to get them. I've tried adding a bird bath etc. please help!

Hungry birds will find food in lots of places, even if there?s nothing around that might especially attract them. They obviously love tomatoes! About the only solution is to erect a teepee out of stakes and drape birdnetting over the stakes to make a barrier between the ripening fruits and the birds. I use 3 stakes, equally spaced around the outside of the plant and then secure the tops of the stakes so it makes a teepee shape. Drape birdnetting over the stakes and secure the opening with clothespins. This gives you easy access to the plants but keeps the birds out. Hope you have a great harvest.

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by RootedInDirt and is called "Purple Tulips"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.