WANTED ! ! Mealybug Massacre - Knowledgebase Question

West Covina, Ca
Question by mxlua
I currently have a heavy infestation of mealybugs on my Pygmy Date Palms (Phoenix roebelenii). What is the most effective method to rid the mealybugs from my palms? I am overwhelmed by the amount of products offered to kill pest, and some state they will kill mealybugs along many others. These products are not clear if they will harm my palms. I have 9 palms approx 7ft tall. Thank You.

0

Mealybugs can be killed with insecticidal soap ( a commercial soap mixture that is safe for plants) or horticultural oil (an oil product that can be sprayed on green leaves). Mealybugs can also be controlled by dabbing individual bugs witha Q-tip soaked in rubbing alcohol, although that is sometimes difficult on flexible pond fronds. Either treatment may require repeated applications. Good luck!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"