ROOTING - Knowledgebase Question

coloradosprings, Co
Question by raymondschob
I AM TRYING TO ROOT SOME ROSE CUTTING. THEY START TO ROOT AND THEN DIE. HOW DO I GET THEN TO ROOT SO I CAN TRANSPLANT THEM?
THANK YOU,
RAY

0

Some rose cuttings will root in plain water and others need a little boost from some rooting hormone. I cut the 4-5" growing tips from the rose bush, strip off the lower leaves and dip the cut end in rooting hormone and set it in a 6" container filled with moistened potting soil. I put at least a dozen cuttings in a single pot. After all the cuttings are placed in the soil I use 3 bamboo skewers along the inside rim of the pot to make a support for a plastic tent. Just place a clear plastic bag over the pot and drape it loosely at the bottom. This mini greehouse will keep moisture in and keep the cuttings from drying out. Set the pot outdoors in bright shade. The cuttings should root in about a month.

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Lilac"