Name this plant - Knowledgebase Question

Glenview, Il
Question by awalker719
I have a plantain/hosta in our yard which has been there for many years. It is huge, has the largest, most fragrant white blooms in August of any hosta we have seen. The blosoms are the size of one's hand each. I would love to get another, but cannot find the variety anywhere. The leaves are large, luncheon plate size with banding of same green. Any thoughts? Have been to library books etc.

0

If you want an exact duplicate of your plant, why not take a division? Yours might just be a sport and finding another may be impossible. I'd wait until early next spring, just as the leaves are beginning to emerge, and drive the blade of a shovel down into the plant, taking only 3-4 of the sprouts from the very edge of the plant. As long as the division has roots with leaves attached it will grow into a new plant. Best wishes with your hosta.

Today's site banner is by joannakat and is called "Tulips"