Jacobs ladder - Knowledgebase Question

west milton, Oh
Question by dbowers2
My Jacob's ladder leaves are turning yellow and some of the leaves are curling and brown . Is there something wrong with the plant or is it just done blooming and if so do I cut it back?

0

Jacob's ladder is usually pretty pest and disease free. When the weather is wet or hunmid, it can develop fungal leaf spots or powdery mildew occasionally, but it's generally not serious enough to treat other than by picking off affected leaves. When Jacob's ladder is finished blooming, cut down the flower stalks, but leave the clump of basal foliage. It may be that your plants is showing stress from heat or dry soil. If it is in full sun, Jacob's ladder needs consistently moist soil. It's a little more tolerant of drier soil if it is in part shade.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"