Cherry Trees - Knowledgebase Question

Burbank, Il
Question by bjm21401
I purchase two cherry trees recently and with all the rain, my back yard has been flodding.. the leaves are all gone off the trees...any chance that they will survive when all the water is gone??
I had already sent another question in regards to the barrels in the ground.
Thanks

0

It's possible that the trees may survive your flood; Hopefully your soil conditions improve and are well-drained soon; Over-saturated soil conditions would definitely cause root damage and resulting leaves to drop. The tree can eventually die if the soil conditions do not improve. I would continue to inspect the soil conditions to see if they become well drained. If they are newly-planted, it may be advisable to either transplant the trees to a more suitable environment OR perhaps mound-up your soil and replant the trees at a higher elevation so that your tree roots establish above the saturated soil conditions if this is a consistent problem. Hope this helps and good luck.

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Aster and Sedum"