Indoor Pansies - Knowledgebase Question

Portland, ME
Question by hkme
I would like to know if it is possible to grow/keep pansies indoors, as a houseplant (i.e. in windowboxes) throughout the year. My apartment does not have a terrace or such for container gardening, and since pansies are my favorites, I thought I'd give it a go. My windows have an east (morning) and west exposure, with a fair amount of sun.

0

You might have some luck with the pansies, although the smaller and somewhat more versatile little violas (such as the Princess series) might be a better bet. Eventually, though, they will probably become "leggy" for lack of light, so you might plan on replacing them regularly. They are easy enough to start from seed. The best way to find out is to try it and see. Good luck with your flowers!