full sun plants - Knowledgebase Question

katy, Te
Question by littlespirit
i sent you a question,you sent me e-mail with no answer.i will ask again,what flowering plants can tolerate high temperatures and full sun and continue to bloom and thrive and not burn..thank you...answer please

0

I'm sorry, there must have been a glitch in the system. Larger flowering shrubby plants for sun with extended bloom periods, drought resistance and minimal care include yellow and orange bells (Tecoma stans and various hybrids), Mexican and yellow bird of paradise (Caesalpinia mexicana and C. gilliesii), cape honeysuckle, baja red fairy duster, and lantana. If you are looking for flower bed plants, here are warm-season annuals that take heat and sun: sunflowers, zinnia, cosmos, gaillardia, salvia, vinca, tithonia, black-eyed Susan, portulaca, celosia, globe amaranth, verbena, four o?clock, coreopsis, yarrow and lisianthus. Good luck with your gardening.

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Daylily & Lantana"