leaves of plants - Knowledgebase Question

seattle, Wa
Question by tedm116
some leaves of my outdoor gardenia are turning yellow also, my arabian jasmine, the entire plant's leaves looked yellowish and i am not sure if this is natural for that plant. what should i do? what fertilizer is best. somebody told me fish fertilizer?

0

Yellow leaves on gardenias can be caused by many things including lack of nitrogen, insufficient light, water-logged soil (plant roots need oxygen to thrive), dry soil, or iron deficiency. If the older bottom leaves are yellow, but new growth is green, it's usually a lack of nitrogen. If new leaves are yellow, with green veins, it's usually a lack of iron. Rather than fish fertilizer, use a fertilizer for acid-loving plants to provide nitrogen to your gardenia, since they need soil on the acid side to do well. If you suspect iron deficiency, treat the plant with iron chelate (available at garden stores). The Arabian jasmine prefers soil that is not as acid and fish fertilizer would be a good choice for this plant.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Gizmo the Gremlin"