Fire bush - Knowledgebase Question

corvallis, Or
Question by rajcrvls
The leaves on my fire bushes have a shade of yellow instead of being bright green.

0

This is probably the result of poor soil conditions OR oversaturated soil conditions. I would inspect the soil to see if the plant is located in standing water. If so, you may want to transplant the shrub or perhaps elevate (mound) the soil and replant it higher so the root system is not located in saturated soil which is causing the shrub to decline and change in color. If it is poor soil conditions, you may have clay or dense soil where the roots cant establish well enough. I would check to see if this is the case by digging around the perimeter of the plant to inspect the soil. You may want to remove and replant the shrub using a garden soil mixture. Make sure that the hole you dig for the shrub is at least twice the diameter of the root ball to ensure that the surrounding soil is loose enough for the future roots to easily flow and establish. Hope this helps and good luck!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Purple Crocus in March"