dead heading various flowers - Knowledgebase Question

Commerce, Ge
Question by careng4
My gerbera daisies quit blooming; leaves look great but should I cut off the dead flowers? Also have lots of shasta daisies that have quit blooming-they've all spread out like something is laying in the middle of them - should I cut them to the ground as they don't look so good any more? Wave petunias were doing great but now leaves are withering; do I continue to dead head them? Tks, Carolyn

0

Deadheading is important to your plants so be sure to remove the spent flowers all season long. Shasta daisies grow new roots and stems around the outer part of the clump but the center tends to die out. You can renew your plant by digging it out of the ground and then dividing the outer part into several pieces to replant. Discard the dead center of the plant. Heat and humidity can bother your wave petunias. I'd cut them back so they can develop healthy new growth. Best wishes with your garden!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Blanket Flower Amber Wheels"