Evergreen tree - Knowledgebase Question

Bogota, Ne
Question by mtarosa
Last winter my evergreen tree was hurt by all the snowfall. Can I wrap it this winter with something to protect it?

0

Sometimes wrapping it with burlap can still be an issue if you get a freezing rainfall during the winter. The burlap could soak in the moisture, then freeze and still harm the tree. I suggest using the burlap as a screen on the windy side of the tree to protect it from the winter storms in lieu of wrapping the tree. Typically in most of the country the winter winds come from the North West, but check your local regional weather patterns to be sure of this. Of course you will still get some snow on the tree but it would be considerably less. The remaining snow can be brushed off the limbs. Hope this helps and good luck!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"