diseases, Ash Trees - Knowledgebase Question

SAYVILLE, Ne
Question by NKITZMILLER
I have a large ash tree (30-40 ft)with
alot of bare branches where leaves have not growen. I notice leaves were dropping earlier than usual in the fall, I apllied some ground bark I had around the base of the tree & root line several inches thick. Leaves did grow back in spring, however alot of bare branches & I have notice on the bare branches a small web like substance which i cannot identify,

0

When you have a large, mature tree like your ash that appears to be struggling, the best thing to do is called a certified arborist for a consultation. While I might be able to suggest possibilities for the symptoms you're seeing, such as borers, there are many factors that could be affecting the tree that can only be determined by a site visit. And, with a tree this large, just about any treatments any treatments would need to be done by an arborist. The cost of an arborist consultation is a good investment as a way to protect a mature tree that is an important part of your landscape. You can find certified arborists in the Yellow Pages under "Trees" or ask for a recommendation from a good nursery or garden center in your area.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"