lawn yellow/brown spots - Knowledgebase Question

yonkers, Ne
Question by carlosdolsey
Can i use some liquid fertilizer now in summer to improve my lawn where it shows yellow/brown spots?

Thanks

0

If your lawn is yellowing and browning only it spots, the problem is probably not due to lack of fertilizer. There are many possibilities for the symptoms you describe. Several fungus diseases cause brown patches to develop, especially in warm humid weather, as can infestations of insects such as grubs, sod webworms and chinch bugs. To help you figure out what's going on, here's the URL that will take you to a Cornell University Extension Service page with links to information on lawn care and problems in your area: http://www.hort.cornell.edu/ga.... While there isn't a lot you can do about lawn diseases by the time you notice them, if it appears that the problem is caused by insects, you can treat for those. The best time to fertilize grass in your area is in early September. This is when the grass will make best use of the fertilizer as it begins a period of active growth in the fall.

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Blue My Mind"