Insects on eggplants - Knowledgebase Question

Alexandria, Vi
Question by matthewsh1
Just recently I've noticed insects eating the leaves of my eggplants. What can I do to naturally get rid of them? Also, there seems to be something eating the tops of my pepper plants, bur nothing else. What could this be?

0

Since you don't describe the insects that are feeding on your eggplant, it's hard to know for sure what they are. Flea beetles are one of the most common eggplant pests. They are small, black insects that jump like fleas when disturbed and chew numerous small holes in the leaves of eggplant. You can control them with sprays of the natural insecticide spinosad. If you see large green caterpillars feeding, these are tomato hornworms. You can handpick them or, when they are small, spray them with the microbial insecticide Bt (Bacillus thuringiensis). The hornworms will also feed on pepper plants, or it's possible you have woodchucks or rabbits, although they are usually not very selective and will eat lots of plants in the garden.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"