Stumping the Squirrel - Knowledgebase Question

Camp Verde, Ar
Avatar for midgetsmom_a
Question by midgetsmom_a
The crushed pepper spray hint I got from this site hasn't worked. I've sprayed around the garden, but not the plants themselves. If I do this, will I hurt my tomatoes, squash and broccoli?

I wouldn't recommend spraying in this heat, which may have an adverse effect. Here are some things to try: cover the soil surface with gravel, large mulch chunks, thorny branch trimmings, or chicken wire. My friends has the most success with chicken wire - the squirrels and chipmunks don't want to walk on it for fear of getting their legs caught. If you garden in containers, crumple it up and then spread it out a little and set containers on top. Hope this helps!

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by IrisLilli and is called "Variegated Brunnera"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.