viburnums - Knowledgebase Question

oak brook, Il
Question by hiddenhaven
I bought 2 at home depot and they are totally wilted. The soil is wet so its not for lack of water. We had so much rain is it possible that they are too wet. Thank You

0

Over-saturated soil conditions will certainly deteriorate the plants health and can cause them to wilt and eventually die. So too much water is definitely your problem here. Hopefully by now the soil conditions have improved, but I would continue to inspect the soil conditions surrounding your plant to insure that the soil is well drained. Check your soil before watering, and water only about every 4 days if the soil conditions continue to be well drained, otherwise if your soil is moist already there is no need to add additional water. You may need to elevate the plant and mound the soil up if the soil conditions continue to stay too wet. Hope this helps and good luck with those viburnums.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"