Blueberries - Knowledgebase Question

Brevard, No
Question by ktrent5
My blueberries aren't ripening, only drying up and falling off the bush. The bush is loaded with nice green berries and last year we had an amazing amount of nice sweet berries. The only thing I have done differently this year was fertilize with holytone which said was for blueberries. This was early in the season before even the flowers bloomed.

0

The hollytone is an acidified fertilizer which is perfect for blueberries and other acid loving plants. If the berries are not ripening the problem may be weather related and the berries might be stalled in their ripening process. There are fungal diseases and insect problems that can cause the berries not to ripen. Closely inspect the berries for dots on the surface (fungal spores) or for holes in the skins of the berries (insect invasion). If you still can't determine the cause of the problem you may need to take a sample to your local cooperative extension office or Master Gardener clinic for microscopic examination to find the cause. Best wishes with your blueberries.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"