fungus - Knowledgebase Question

Felton, Pe
Question by roadrunner77
I have two lilacs bushes that get a white thick fungus that sticks to the branches.I've tried things for the fungus but it hasn't worked. Eventually it start making the leaves get black spots and fall off. What can I do?

0

What you describe sounds like a fungal disease called powdery mildew. To reduce additional infections, avoid overhead watering to help reduce the relative humidity. Remove and destroy all infected plant parts (leaves, etc.). Selectively prune overcrowded plant material to help increase air circulation. This helps reduce relative humidity and infection. If cultural controls fail to prevent disease buildup, or if the disease pressure is too great, an application of a fungicide may be necessary. These include: sulfur, neem oil (Rose Defense, Shield-All, Triact), triforine (Ortho Funginex), or potassium bicarbonate (Kaligreen, First Step) Chemicals are most effective when combined with cultural controls. Best wishes with your

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Blanket Flower Amber Wheels"