Italian Cypress Tree diseases - Knowledgebase Question

mcQueeney, Te
Question by mark212
I had a 15 ft Italian cypress tree that suddenly turned brown and has died. Another next to it is starting to turn brown at the bottom. HELP!

0

Italian cypresses are susceptible to spider mites and their feeding can cause browning of the foliage. The best way to deter these pests is to hose the plant off periodically with water from the hose. Since spider mites like dry, dusty places, they will leave if you hose off the dust. Aside from spider mites, Italian cypresses are sensitive to soil moisture. Soils that are too wet or too dry can also cause browning. At this point I can only suggest you water deeply as you usually do and a day or two later dig down near the roots to make sure the soil is moist 2" below the surface. If not, you are not watering deeply enough. If it is moist, you won't need to water for a few more days. Best wishes with your Italian cypresses!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "African Violet"