Leaf drop on meyer lemon - Knowledgebase Question

Wobyrn, Ma
Question by jdewar10
My meyer lemon has bloomed but it doesn't have many leaves left on it. I feed it regularly, but it still looks pretty sad. Any suggestions?
Thanks, Jean

0

Like most houseplants, citrus thrive in a normal temperature range, of 70 degrees during day, to 55 to 55 degrees at night. Citrus trees prefer full sun from a southern exposure. If that's not possible, you can supplement the light by installing 40-watt fluorescent shop lights above the plant, keeping it on 14-16 hour a day. As for moisture, you'll need to keep the soil evenly moist and since most interiors are quite dry, mist your plant often -- daily if you can. Give your lemon tree a shower occasionally to remove dust. You can feed your tree with a half-strength dilution of liquid fertilizer (such as a 20-20-20) every 3-4 weeks to keep it healthy and happy. Hope it begins to show new growth soon!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"