Sod problem - Knowledgebase Question

Apopka, Fl
Question by rumihuq2000
I have spent so much money on sodding my from lawn,and by the end of fall its all full of crabgrass and other weeds. Some other areas just die. I apply top soil,manure,fertilizer and really prep up the soil even kill all the weeds. Yet the sod gets over killed by weeds and its back breaking. I now with a front yard with some crabgrass and sandy areas and anthills.

0

If you can eventually get your lawn thick, healthy and green you won't have as many problems with weeds - a thick lawn will crowd out competing weeds. It's difficult to do any feeding or weed control in the hot summer weather so you may need to wait until this fall to apply a weed and feed product to your lawn. or at least wait until temperatures are below 90F degrees. Ortho? Weed-B-Gon Weed Killer for St. Augustine Lawns, or Scotts? Bonus S Weed and Feed for Southern Lawns are safe for St. Augustine so choose one and apply according to label directions. In the meantime water and mow your lawn on a regular basis to try to green it up. Good luck with your lawn!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"