transplanting small trees, plants - Knowledgebase Question

Langhorne, Pe
Question by jeancosta
I love gardening, but fail to plan ahead in positioning my plants. Is it harmful to the plants (or small trees, bushes) to transplant them to a different area? If transplanting them will peserve my plants, are there special instructions to do so? Thanks for your help.
Jean Costa

0

It won't hurt to move your plants to different areas of your garden. Spring and fall are the best times for digging and transplanting. That's when temperatures are cooler and rainfall abundant. But if you're careful with watering you can dig and move them now. Just water them well after the move and water deeply once or twice a week for a few weeks. Expect some transplant shock and wilting leaves/branches/stems if you move them now. Good luck with your garden!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"