My Dogwood's leaves - Knowledgebase Question

oak lawn, Il
Question by tmchugh71
It seems that just two months after plainting it, my small dogwood tree is experiencing drooping, curled-in leaves. I live in chicago, and we've had a lot of rain recently with sunny days in between, so I don't know if I should water it daily, fertilize it, or what. Do you have a suggestion?

0

Watering daily is a bit excessive. Try watering deeply once or twice a week depending upon rainfall. Dogwoods do like moist soils but not soils that remain soggy wet so deep soakings followed by a period of drying out will be best for your dogwood. Don't feed your tree until next spring. Right now it is busy establishing its root system. If you feed you will force topgrowth instead of a healthy root system. I'd just water on a regular basis and allow the tree to spend the summer developing a healthy root system. Good luck with your dogwood!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Blue My Mind"