caring for Yoshino Flowering Cherry Tree - Knowledgebase Question

Cadillac, Mi
Question by hilts8
I bought 2 of the yoshino cherry trees this spring and they are doing good. But they have yellow leaves on them already and i have a bug eating the leaves. Why are the leaves turning and how do I get rid of the bugs? don't know what kind of bug either.

Yellowing leaves can be the result of insect feeding or might indicate overwatering. Water your tree deeply once each week, twice if the weather is hot. All kinds of insects will feed on the leaves of your cherry so you might want to try a broad spectrum insect control product such as neem oil (Bonide Bon-Neem or Green Light Neem Concentrate) or cyfluthrin (Bayer Advanced Garden Power Force Multi-Insect Killer Concentrate) or permethrin (Spectracide Bug Stop Multi-Purpose Insect Control Concentrate). As with all pesticides, read and follow all label instructions and precautions.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Lantana"