mandeville plant? - Knowledgebase Question

salem, In
Question by dliebert
i tool a side shoot off of my mandeville plant & put it in root starter.after about 3? week;s it was really looking goodm all i did was to put some mircle grow bloom on it & within hour;s of doing this it started drying up & the leaves got real brittle,&it has died! couls the bloom have done this or could it be something else? i wanted to get one started so i could have one growing inside.Thank's

0

It does sound as though the fertilizer was too strong and burned your new plant. The best way to fertilize something that young is with a half strength dilution of a water soluable fertilizer such as Miracle Gro for houseplants. Dilute one tablespoon in a half gallon of water and use it to water your plant. This will give the roots just enough nutrients to help them grow but not so much that they get burned. Try taking more cuttings from your mandevilla and I think you'll be successful. Good luck!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Gizmo the Gremlin"