Azaleas - Knowledgebase Question

Charlotte, No
Question by tliscinsky
I have azalea across the front of my house. With our previous drought I lost one of them. I have tried to replace it 3 times and the new plant never makes it. It gets covered with little white flies. I've sprayed it with insecticial soap but no luck. All the surrounding azaleas are fine. Am I destined to have this whole?

Thanks,
Theresa

0

I think I'd remove the soil in that particular growing area and exchange it with soil from a different part of the garden. Your azalea may have developed a disease which caused it to die and the droughty conditions just hurried things along. Replace the soil, amend it with some peat moss or compost to help it drain well, then plant a healthy new azaleas. This time it should thrive. Best wishes with your new azalea!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Blanket Flower Amber Wheels"