Killing bermuda grass for good - Knowledgebase Question

GREER, So
Question by d1mccan9
I have - but have not used yet - a spray that attaches to a garden hose from Bayer that is supposed to kill off bermuda grass. Is this the best permanent product to use or will I need something else? Also, my neighbors on both sides have bermuda grass. Once I kill off mine and plant something different, what is the best method to keep my neighbors' bermuda grass from creeping over into my yard?

0

Be sure to follow label directions on the product you purchased, especially when using it around other grasses and plants. Once you get rid of the bermuda you can use a pre emergent herbicide along your property line to keep bermuda seeds from sprouting or you can place a physical barrier along the property line to keep it from sneaking over. I simply dig a shallow trench along the property line about 6" wide and 3-4 inches deep. I keep the trench free of vegetation and if bermuda threatens to grow across the trench I dig it out with a shovel or spot treat it with Round Up. This may be an option for you, too. Otherwise, place a physical barrier such as plastic, metal or wood edging, or a row of bricks partially buried in the soil. Good luck with your project.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"