Aggressive Weed - Knowledgebase Question

Eldersburg, Ma
Question by burrs4
I have a weed in my lawn that starts off soft and viney, but turns hard and course (vine part) it weaves through the grass strangles it. It doesn't seem to be effected by Scott's weed & feed or Weed B Gon -- weed b gon kills it a little - it goes light green, but doens't die all the way and then comes back. What can I do to get rid of this?

0

I can't tell without looking at the weed but I wonder if it is creeping charlie which is also called ground ivy? Control of ground ivy in lawns is difficult. The key to control is the use of the proper broadleaf herbicide. The most effective broadleaf herbicide products are those that contain dicamba. Trimec and Ortho's Weed-B-Gon Weed Killer for Lawns are two widely sold products that contain dicamba. Fall (mid-September through early November) is generally the best time to control ground ivy. Two applications are usually necessary. The second application should be 14 days after the first. As always, when using pesticides, read and follow label directions carefully.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "African Violet"