Pumpkins - Knowledgebase Question

Monroeville, Pe
Question by Daveirl2
Does adding milk to the watering of pumpkins help them grow larger? I am trying to grow a 500 pound pumpkin from a container.

0

I've heard that rumor, too, but there's no scientific evidence to back it up. If the weather cooperates, you stand a good chance of growing a giant pumpkin. There are a few tricks of the trade: After the vines are established and you've got a few smallish pumpkins, cut back all the vines except one. Remove all but the one pumpkin that you want to grow to gigantic proportions so the plant will put all of its energy into ripening just that one fruit. Then water, water, water. Pumpkins are heavy feeders, so plant your potential prize-winners in rich organic soil amended with LOTS of aged manure. As the pumpkin grows, put a piece of plywood under it so it won't rot where it touches the earth. Best wishes with your pumpkins!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"