help with my plants - Knowledgebase Question

Conyers, Ge
Question by dzscorza
All of a sudden my Azelas are drying up the leaves are dry and they are dying what is the problem they have no bugs on them. True Green spryed my yard two weeks ago.

0

I'd ask the company what they sprayed in your yard. The leaves of azaleas are tender and if the spray coated the leaves, it may have clogged the natural openings in the leaves, preventing the leaves from respiration. Oil based sprays can be phytotoxic. Or, it might simply be a coincidence between the browning of the leaves and the spray application. Some fungal diseases can turn the leaves brown. Try pruning one of the branches back to encourage new growth. If the cause was overspray by the lawn company the new leaves should emerge healthy. If the problem is a fungal disease, the new leaves will begin to turn brown in a few weeks as the fungal spores attack them. Good luck with your azaleas.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Mixed Coleus"