How do I fix lawn brown spots? - Knowledgebase Question

Phoenix, Ar
Question by register4
My lawn was put in last October and was doing

0

You didn't mention what type of lawn you're growing but I suspect that the brown areas are planted with cool season grass. No amount of watering or feeding will make it green up in the heat of summer. Generally in the Phoenix area both warm season and cool season lawns are grown - Bermuda greens up in April and remains green until the weather cools in October. To keep your lawn green in the cooler months, the bermuda is usually overseeded with ryegrass in September. It greens up in October and remains green until April. When it goes dormant, the bermuda is just starting to green up again. It's a little too hot to overseed with bermuda now to green up those brown spots but you can certainly try if you'd like. I think I'd wait until September, overseed with rye then next April overseed with bermuda. By this time next year you should have a lawn that will remain green all year around. Best wishes with your lawn.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"