Bagworms Infestation - Knowledgebase Question

Mansfield, Te
Question by rwenger
I have a major infestation on about a dozen native tress (Cedar ?) and the trees are to tall to pick them off. Is there a good spray that could be used on the garden hose to get to the top of the trees. This is the worst I have ever seen.
Is there any systemic products that coulb be used to kill them before they mature?
Thanks,
Rex

0

Bacillus thuringiensis (Bt), sold under the trade name Dipel and Thuricide, is a great weapon against bagworms. It is basically a disease you give them (and other critters like gypsy moths, tent caterpillars, webworms, tomato hornworms, and other moth larvae). It is a great organic remedy that will not harm the birds, bees, animals and other insects in the garden. Since the pests must consume it for it to be effective, wait until you see them - usually June or July in your gardening region. It's most effective when the larvae are small.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Textures"