black mold - Knowledgebase Question

Grover, No
Question by charlesann13
I get black mold on some of my grass in my yard. What causes this and what can I do to get rid of it? I live in Grover, N.C.

0

Black mold indicates poor drainage and the best way to correct the problem is by aerating your lawn. A core aerator will remove one inch by three inch plugs from the lawn. Leave the plugs on the lawn and they will dissolve in rain or water from the sprinklers. After aerating spread a thin layer of sand or compost over the area and water it in well. The sand or compost plus the soil from the plugs will work their way down into the holes left by the plugs. You can then overseed your entire lawn. Aerating will improve the soil enough to keep the mold from forming again. Good luck with your lawn.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Fringe Tree"