Traditional Garden Design in an Odd Shaped Plot - Knowledgebase Question

Manitowoc, WI
Question by brunner53
I would like to estabish some brick paths in my garden, and for it to be tradtional to compliment my old farmhouse and antique plantings. I understand the concept of a four square garden plan. The problem is my garden is oblong measuring 44ft x 12 thru 20ft and I can not cut of the little triangle piece. Do you have any ideas to plan it with out making it look retro?

0

Why not make 4 10'x10' square beds from the existing plot? You can then either plant the "triangle" with flowers, shrubs or berry bushes, and/or place a birdbath, bench or other ornament there? You can always plant it to lawn or groundcover, too. The best way to figure it out is to use graph paper, pencil, and a good eraser! If you don't mind spending some money, you can always consult with a local landscaper or garden designer.