plant disease or pest? - Knowledgebase Question

Syracuse, Ne
Question by imirish
rusty brown spots on plants that cause the tops to wither and wilt, then rusty brown spots continue to spread down the plant. What is it, how can I control it? Thank you.

0

Rusty brown spots sound like a fungal disease to me, especially if the spots are slightly raised. You may be able to stop the spread of the disease by using a fungicide on your plants, or if the entire plant is involved you may need to prune it back to remove the diseased parts and then spray with a general purpose garden fungicide. Fungicides will protect unaffected plant parts but will not cure already involved plant parts. I'd prune everything back, and apply a fungicide to protect the new growth from fungal attack. Good luck with your garden.

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Daylily & Lantana"