Star Fruit Tree - Knowledgebase Question

Seminole, Fl
Question by klboyd
I started a star fruit tree from a seed from a mature tree at a friends house. It is now about 3 feet tall looking really healthy and happy. My 1st question is,if I plant this tree in the ground will it produce fruit and also, there are these little thorns on the upper half of the main trunk of the immature tree that I don't see on the mature tree that I got the star fruit from. Thanks for a reply

0

The thorns are only temporary and are growing to help the seedling survive in the wild. They will drop off and no more will be produced once the tree is larger and is firmly established in the ground. It should produce fruit in a few years after it has matured enough to flower and develop fruit to maturity. Go ahead and plant it in the ground. I have great expectations!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Fringe Tree"