River Burch trees - Knowledgebase Question

Pensacola, Fl
Question by dclovesbc
I have 2 river burch, they have perfect little circles eaten out of the leaves, how to I get rid of whatever is eating them? Also they were planted last Aug at the same time, one is double the size of the other,they get the same sun, water, how can one be so much bigger? Thank you

0

The circles in the leaves are the signs that leaf cutter bees have been busy in your garden. They are collecting leaf parts for their nests and will be finished making their nests by the middle of July. The missing leaf parts won't harm your river birches and there's really no way to keep the leaf cutter bees from helping themselves to your leaves. Plants are like children - they grow at different rates. Sometimes they take a couple of years to become well established, which can stunt their growth. By the time they grow to maturity they should be roughly the same size. There's not much you can do to change their growth habits so just enjoy your new trees.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"