Small Poblanos - Knowledgebase Question

Gloster, Lo
Question by llvidler7
I planted poblano peppers this year and they are maturing at a very small size - much smaller than I am used to buying at grocery stores. Is this normal? I try to leave them on the plant for a bit longer and they turn red. Thanks, Laura Vidler

0

Pepper size has as much to do with growing conditions as it does the variety. Yours simply matured earlier and at a smaller size this year. Generally they reach mature size before they begin their color change so leaving them on your plant a little longer won't actually help them grow larger. Those peppers that you purchase in the store were grown under ideal conditions which are sometimes difficult to duplicate in the home garden. Just enjoy your peppers. You may have different results if you plant the same types of peppers in your garden next year so don't give up on them!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Textures"