Starting a garden. - Knowledgebase Question

staten island, Ne
Question by arizona94n
I would like to start a small garden in my backyard. The only area available get's (due to wall's of the house) 1 hour of early morning sun and 1 hour of afternoon sun (around 1:00 pm). I was given Daylily's, Baby blues brunnera, a White coneflower, a Patty's plum poppy, and lastly a Sorbet peony. Do you think that their will be enough sun for these plant's? Also space is tight, any suggestions?

0

There's really not enough sunshine for the plants you mention to grow and flower well. It would be better to plant them in containers and set the containers in another part of your yard. For the site you describe, plan on planting shade loving plants: hosta, lobelia, impatiens, pansies, etc. Good luck with your garden!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Blanket Flower Amber Wheels"