Pest control - Knowledgebase Question

Torrington, Co
Question by Cturbitt08
I have Japanese beetles or perhaps something else eating the leaves of my flowers. What is the best way to get rid of them without hurting my plants?

0

It often takes a two-pronged approach to control Japanese Beetles. You are seeing the adults which were grubs in your lawn and garden earlier this year. So, you'll want to control both the adults you're seeing now, and any grubs that may overwinter in your soil. Milky spore, Bacillus popilliae, is a disease-causing bacterium that is effective against grubs of Japanese beetles. Be sure to apply according to label directions. Carbaryl (Sevin 50WP) will control the adults but I prefer to use something a little less powerful. Try neem oil (Bonide Bon-Neem or Green Light Neem Concentrate) or cyfluthrin (Bayer Advanced Garden Power Force Multi-Insect Killer Concentrate) or permethrin (Spectracide Bug Stop Multi-Purpose Insect Control Concentrate) are labeled for use against Japanese beetles on landscape plants. As with all pesticides, read and follow all label instructions and precautions.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Gizmo the Gremlin"