Gardenia care - Knowledgebase Question

Houston, Te
Question by zzzl
Hi there,
My gardenia's leaves are being yellow->brown->dark->dropping down and getting dead. How do I take care so as to save them? Thanks!

0

Gardenias grow outdoors in mild climates, and as an indoor houseplant in other areas of the country. With good care and a little luck, your plant will bloom every year. Place it in a spot that will be shaded from hot afternoon summer sunshine. In order to bloom, your plant needs a nighttime temperature of 60F - 65F degrees and a daytime temperature about 10 degrees warmer. Without an even temperature and careful watering, gardenias will drop their flower buds while they're still unopened. Keep the soil moist using tepid, soft water, and mist the plant every day to keep the plant happy. Fertilize with a water soluble fertilizer for acid loving plants such as Miracid following the label instructions. It's natural for the older leaves of gardenias to turn yellow and drop off. New leaves will grow in their places. To keep your plant tidy and to encourage new growth, pinch back the growing tips of the stems. The new growth it develops should be healthy. Enjoy your garden!

Today's site banner is by TsFlowers and is called "Brown Thrasher"