soil - Knowledgebase Question

kansas city, Mi
Question by mariebolton1
I planted green beans and now the leaves are turning yellow and brown. I used Miracle Gro and mix it with the soil that was in my yard. They were beautiful until last week. WE have had some really hot weather but I have kept them watered. Why are they the leaves changing colors? the beans are turning white

0

I'm afraid your plants are getting old. Beans love growing in the early spring but will die out when the weather gets hot. The bean pods turned white, indicating the seeds are ripe. The roots of the plants have gotten the signal from the hot weather and the mature bean seeds that it's time to die. You can save the seeds and plant them in your garden in late August. The plants will grow and produce seeds until your first frost of the season.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Fringe Tree"