bulbs - Knowledgebase Question

Oklahoma City, Ok
Question by carolcoon
This is my 2nd time to remit a question - no response from the 1st last week. Longest 24 hrs ever. Our elephant ears did not bloom this year but were hearty last year which was their 1st year. Are they perennials? Our zip is 73179 for soil purposes. Please respond.

0

I apologize for the delay in responding. We were flooded with thousands of questions and are working to catch up! I actually remember responding to your question about elephant ears (because it was something different!), but in case it didn't go through:

These tubers survive warm climate winters only. Dig the tubers up 4 wks. before the last frost and store over the winter in a cool, dark, dry location. They may have made it through a mild winter (about USDA zone 9 at 20 to 30 degrees) but not through a colder one. Hope this info helps.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"