Deja Bloom Hydrengea - Knowledgebase Question

Newton, Io
Question by topp85
I bought the most beautiful hydrengea at Home Depot. A new variety I've never seen before but had to have. It was pink when I planted it. Now the blooms are no longer pink and the new blooms are not the normal preferred color. They are now green? Do I need to amend the soil? Or could it be due to all the rain we are having?

0

If the flowers are green, they haven't matured yet and the pigment isn't showing. They may still turn pink this year. If not, I'd chalk it up to problems with the weather. Next spring the flowers should emerge pink. You can encourage the pink color if you broadcast one cup of dolomitic lime around the base of your plant early next spring and water it into the soil. The lime will change the soil's pH and result in pink flowers.

Today's site banner is by TsFlowers and is called "Brown Thrasher"