Birds and cherry tree and raspberries - Knowledgebase Question

Green Bay, Wi
Question by Kwilde
How can I keep robins from eating all of my montmorency cherries. I have used a net, but the tree is getting bigger and harder to get the net around it. They don't use nets in Door County, so there must be something else I can do. Also something is now eating all of my raspberries. Do robins also eat raspberries? Is there something I can use on them also?

0

Yes, robins will eat raspberries as well as cherries. If your tree is too large to net you might have success with scare tactics. Shiny pie pans, strips of aluminum, old CD's or similar materials can be hung from the branches. There's also a shiny bird-scare tape that you can string in your tree. It emits a high frequency noise in the wind. Hope these suggestions help.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "African Violet"