Flamingo Plant - Knowledgebase Question

Fort Worth, Te
Question by carolyn_robe
It is not flowering and the tips of the leaves are browning. What do I need to do?

0

Air that's too dry or light levels that are too low can keep your anthurium from blooming. Make sure that you anthurium is getting the right kind of light. Anthuriums like strong but slightly diffused light that makes them feel like they are at home in the treetops of the rainforest. They need to be in sunlight nearly all day, but that sunlight does not have to be direct. Indoors, placing them in a window that receives sun should do the trick, or you can place them in a room that remains filled with natural light for most of the day. Outdoors, make sure they get a few hours of morning sun.

Indoors, place the anthurium in a tray of pebbles. This will help your plant feel like the air in your home is more humid than it actually is. Spread the pebbles out one-deep in the cookie tray and add about a cup of water. Refresh the water about twice a week as it evaporates.

Mist your anthurium regularly. Keep a spray bottle full of water near your anthurium. When you pass, mist the plant. This will help keep it healthy and happy, which can result in year-round blooms.

I think adjusting the growing environment will help!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Fringe Tree"