yellow leaves - Knowledgebase Question

monroe, Ne
Question by richiecarol
hi people, most everything is going well for my first time at bat. i don't know if it's a problem or not. my NASTURTIUM seem to be doing well, i think!! plenty of big leaves, it's flowering,i did have a bug eating on the leaves last week and i sprayed. seems to have gotten rid of them so far, but i keep getting about 5% yellowing leaves, is this normal?? thanks

0

Actually, it is normal for nasturtiums to lose the lower leaves as the season progresses. Firs they turn yellow, then they die completely. Sometimes you can get the stems to grow replacement leaves if you pull the leaf off before it dies completely. If they don't send out new leaves you can hide the bare lower stems by planting a small mounding plant such as alyssum or lobelia at the base of your nasturtium. Best wishes with your garden.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Textures"